Running a successful auto mechanic business requires a lot of moving parts (no pun intended). More often than not, the work that’s done can be unpredictable and incredibly time-intensive, making the day-to-day difficult to manage. If you’re struggling to find time for the business side of things, we’re here to help. Here are our top tips to help streamline your operations, including tapping into FlexBooker’s powerful automated software.
Offer online scheduling
Simply put, customers are busy. And 70% of them actually prefer to schedule services online instead of doing it over the phone. With FlexBooker’s automated scheduling software, they can make appointments themselves and find the right time for their schedule. It’s incredibly easy to install on your website and streamlines the entire booking process — all without you lifting a finger. What’s more, FlexBooker integrates with virtually all calendars, ensuring the appointment makes it in their calendar and yours.
Send appointment reminders
Appointment reminders are another great tactic to improve customer experience and get them through the door. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend hours each day sending emails or making phone calls to customers. FlexBooker does the heavy lifting for you by automatically sending appointment reminders through SMS text or email. And if a customer realizes their appointment time no longer works, they can cancel or make changes in real-time, and FlexBooker will handle the rescheduling and changes to your schedule.
If you’re still struggling with no-shows, you can gain some of your lost revenue by implementing a no-show policy. Through FlexBooker, you can require clients to put down their payment information to make an appointment. That way, if they don’t show up, you can charge them a fee.
Send service reminders
Because auto repairs and routine maintenance don’t occur regularly, customers can sometimes forget when it’s time to get their car in the shop again. Instead of waiting for them to schedule an appointment, be proactive by reminding them it’s time! Services like oil changes, tire rotations, and tune-ups are all routine, so sending them a quick reminder text or email can help get them back in the door. You can even send them a link to your online booking to make the scheduling process that much easier.
Create a customer loyalty program
Customer retention is an essential part of any successful business. Repeat customers spend more than new ones, and they’re much more likely to purchase from you again — 5x more, in fact. Capitalize on these customers by rewarding them! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Points program: Customers earn so many points based on their services or money spent. After they reach a certain number of points, you can offer them a free product or service, or a specific dollar amount off of their total cost.
- Oil change ‘punch card’: Once customers fulfill a certain number of oil changes, let their next one be free!
- Membership emails: Include your loyalty members in ‘exclusive’ emails, letting them be the first to know about promotions and discounts.
- Free tune-up services: Reward customers as soon as they sign up for your program by offering a free tune-up service on-the-spot or the next time they come into your shop.
Looking for other ways to boost customer loyalty? Check out these helpful tips to do just that.
See more success with FlexBooker
There’s a lot that goes into running a successful auto mechanic business, so why not let a powerful tool help along the way? FlexBooker not only enhances the entire customer experience, but it can help with things like:
- Employee schedule management
- Collecting data about your busiest appointment types
- Knowing your most productive employees
- Collect client metrics
- Create automated waitlists
- And much more!
See for yourself how FlexBooker can enhance your business with a free demo!