Online Scheduling Software – What is it?
You know this is something you need to implement to start making more profit from your website, but don’t know how it works. Well, there is no technical magic involved and you do not need any tech skills to start.
Online scheduling software is basically a tool you can install on your website to start accepting online bookings for your business.
It works online and usually is web-based, meaning you are accessing it on a web browser and do not need to install any software on your PC or laptop.
The way online scheduling software works is it allows your customers to schedule appointments with your business any time. This means that you can make money while you sleep. No need to keep your team on the phone to find a suitable date and time. The online scheduling software will do the job for you.
Why Should I Install an Online Scheduling Software?
The online scheduling software has multiple benefits, some of which we already covered. However there are a lot more;
– Secure Online Payments. If you are worried about customers booking and not showing up for the appointment, this feature will set you at ease. With secure online payments you can actually collect advance payments from your customers. You can even go one step further and offer a special discount for early bookers who pay upfront. Another thing you can try are non-refundable bookings, which can be offered at a cheaper rate with the benefit of not losing your money in case of a no-show.
– Automated customer communication. As a business owner you have to wear a number of hats, including customer service agent’s. But with an online scheduling software this one role can be easily automated. Your customers will received automatic booking confirmations, reminders, as well as bulk cancellation notifications without you even typing a word. Isn’t that a dream come true? I bet it is!
– Robust insights and analytics. Once you start getting traction and have a bunch of bookings data to analyze, you will start seeing some interesting insights. For instance, you will be able to determine the best selling services. You can find out your most popular employees and your worst selling days and times. Why do you need this? Well, all of this will help you market better to your customers and grow your business.
Why I shouldn’t get an online scheduling software
With all of the pros of the online scheduling software it is certainly not for everyone. It is a very powerful tool when used properly and in the right place at the right time. But there are cases when it will not work for you. For instance,
– Elderly customers. If your customers are usually at the age of 55 and above and are not very tech savvy, then you don’t need this tool. If your elderly customers are used to in-person appointment bookings, this will not work for you.
– Get and forget attitude. The online scheduling software works best when you are actually using it. If you fail to input and maintain your schedule data up-to-date your customers will not be able to book your services. And the whole initiative will fail.
So be mindful of how you invest your time and money. Installing an online scheduling software is a great idea, but you need to stick to it and make it work for you.